Friday, July 8, 2011

Fertilizer Friday-Flaunt your flowers July 8th

Another busy week done, I slipped out to the garden to snap a few photos so I could join Tootsie for Fertilizer Friday once again :)
The surprise Poppies continue to impress me. In certain light they look almost black

The Butterflyweed is really putting on a show this year

Allium
Campanula
 
The pumpkin blooms really look nice

Maltese Cross
Clustered Bellflowers - a new favorite!
That 'Braithwaite' still gorgeous. I've never been able to capture it's true color 
 Comfrey - a delicate bloom and hummingbird favorite
Begonia
 
Heliopsis
The first Scabiosa
Veronica

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer@threedogsinagarden
    Wow! I just love those black/deep purple poppies. I have never seen that color. ( and my Mum used to grow lots of different varieties when I was a kid.) I have never grown butterfly weed, but always admire it when I see it on other blogs. When I extend my garden into a bit more of a sunny location I must get some. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! just when I was smitten with the blue/black poppies...the next and the next and the next photo....wow!!! Your flaunt this week is absolutely stunning!
    Thanks for linking in and sharing your flaunt today!!! I always love seeing all the pretties everyone shares! Have a great weekend friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my you have some beautiful blooms today...I love,love that poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Netty, I have never seen a poppy in that shade of almost black. What a beauty and I have also never seen comfrey blooms. Such variety in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow those are real black,hehe almost. Those shades in your garden from violet to black are real stunners and captivating. Your photos are great too! thanks.

    ReplyDelete