Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Garden of Weedin'

That's the name I gave my vegetable garden a few years ago. It is the most labor intensive garden I have. It doesn't matter how long you spend weeding, it is never near enough time. I finally gave up trying to keep the rows clear and just started weeding the individual patches. Once a week I run the old reel mower down the rows to keep it tidy.

I have a vegetarian in the house so this year I have great plans for the veggie patch. I started last fall by adding mountains of manure which I will till in this spring. I would like to get the garden fenced in this year too.
I've been browsing through all my seed catalogs and made a list and took advantage of a seed sale last week

Half price seeds!! I only wish the selection was better. That's OK, I'll be ordering the rest.
Now with just 27 days left until spring, I'm dreaming of  home grown veggies ...






2 comments:

  1. Are those pictures of your previous years' crops? If so, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, everything shown was grown (and eaten!)by me!

    ReplyDelete