Monday, July 2, 2012

Thank goodness for long weekends!!

PHEW!
That's all I have to say at the end of this Canada Day long weekend.
Life has been SO hectic lately, and the extra day gave me a chance to catch up and even relax a little.
I have to admit, I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately and a long weekend is just what the doctor ordered.  School is out now, and the kids are taking some time to relax too.

Our eldest graduated from high school this week, and a very nice surprise - 2 awards and a bursary! We were very proud to say the least!
She will be heading to College this fall to study Business.

The gardens are filling in, and the hot weather and lack of rain is starting to take it's toll.
The grass has gone dormant and brown, and the flower beds are starting to suffer.
Bugs are at an all time high this year too. I have had a severe infestation of the Striped Cucumber Beetle and hope that I will still get a crop. They have attacked not only the cucumber plants, but the zucchini, squash, and melon plants. They are on just about everything!!
There is no rain in the forecast in the near future and temperatures will be in the upper 20's and 30's.
I just hope I have something left in the gardens to share with you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment