Friday, May 27, 2011

Fertilizer Friday - Flaunt your Flowers May 27th

The rain was relentless this week (again!!) but a few things did put out a show of blooms despite the gloomy weather.
The basket of  Begonia's has found it's new home for the season



And the pot of Impatiens are the only thing blooming on the east side of the house


The Lilac's continue to dazzle me.

Oh how I wish you could all smell these!!


This is a fairly new addition to the garden - Camassia leichtlinii

I started with just a couple of bulbs and now have 2 healthy clumps of these gorgeous blue blooms. The bee's are all over these this year!

The White Bleeding Hearts have finally opened too
And finally, I'm still waiting (not so) patiently for this Peony to open. This was just added last fall - a gift from a friend - so I don't even know what color it is! Maybe this will be the star of next weeks Fertilizer Friday with Tootsie 





2 comments:

  1. I've never seen Camassia leichtlinii. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New public follower here from Tootsie Time’s Flower Flaunting Gardens Blog Hop. Nice blog. Beautiful photos. I would appreciate you following back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I would also appreciate if you would like me in facebook http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and in twitter @DeniseLillaRose. I always follow back. Just leave me a note so I know you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete