Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Indecision

Have you ever had one of your blog entries completely change direction as you are writing it?
My last entry was going to be about my uncertainty with a new garden addition.  But somehow while looking thru my photos, my post turned into something different.
Then I started thinking about it again, so maybe in this post I will not stray.
I always planned this garden to continue to the edge of this picture, and eventually a gazebo would be added.  While doing fall cleanup, I realized I had a lovely pile of compost!
I decided there was no time like the present and extended that garden.
But then,  my kids voiced their displeasure with what I had done.
"Mom, that is where I like to do cartwheels and play"
"That looks silly!"
"What did you DO?"
And so the seeds of uncertainty were planted.
So here is the new addition, before the shaping is done
I do like the curves on the right, but I'm not really happy with the shape on the left. 
And what am I going to plant there that won't make that space feel crowded and overwhelming?
I guess I have all winter to decide

3 comments:

  1. Netty, I love the new bed, there is no uncertainty in my mind that this will be another gorgeous addition to your garden. I enjoyed your earlier post, too and seeing how your garden evolved over the years, isn't it amazing when you look back at how much has changed and how much work you have done? I look forward to seeing the new bed develop, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Karen. Sometimes comments from our loved ones can really change the way we look at things. And sometimes all it takes it a positive comment from someone else to make it all better again. I'm starting to think this bed should have Roses, what do you think?

      Delete
  2. I'm not indecisive about it - I have definitely built my last new garden bed! No more!

    ReplyDelete