Sunday, June 12, 2011

A busy week - storm's, birds and blooms

Wow! What a busy week I've had!
42 hours at work this week, 5 out of 7 days at the soccer field with the kids , as well as the regular errands, cleaning and other 'stuff'. I finally understand why I am just so TIRED! 
Wednesday brought a severe thunderstorm that (thankfully!) didn't cause any serious damage. But it did cause havoc in the gardens. Remember those beautiful Camassia blooms?
The storms wind and hail did quite a number on them...blew off every last petal and snapped them off clean
The Lilac tree outside the kitchen window suffered some damage. The baby Robin's  must have had quite a ride too...the nest was almost blown from the tree and Mama Robin was having trouble sitting. When she left for some food, I went and re-secured the nest for her. This is the third time I've come to the rescue of this bird family! Those little birds do nothing but eat and sleep and GROW!  These 3 little guys are filling the nest quickly and soon there will be no room left for Mama.
After yard clean up the fire pit was full of branches. But it could have been so much worse.
I hope this female Hummingbird didn't lose her family in the storm. She spent a very long time hanging around the Lilac tree and feeder.

I later noticed her buzzing around the Columbine-too quick to snap a photo though!
Funny thing about this Columbine...I didn't plant it! I just appeared here one year and I've never seen another one like it anywhere. I love surprises like that!
A few other storm survivors










No comments:

Post a Comment