Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome March!

March came in like a lion in these parts...a freezing rain storm that coated everything with ice .
The school buses were cancelled, and a snow storm began.
But it wasn't too long before the sun came out.
My daughter and I decided to get out and do some shopping.
It turned into a bit of a bad day...lost my cell phone (found it later under my car seat...phew!)
A crazy driver sent a tidal wave of slushy water into my car which completely covered my windshield. That wouldn't have been a bad thing if I wasn't in 4 lanes of traffic at the time!
Managed to get the wipers working before anything bad happened, but it was scary!
In the store, I fumbled with a large can of soup sending it flying onto my poor daughters chest.
She has a lovely purple bruise there now and told Dad his soup 'hurt her badly'.
There were a few other things...It just wasn't my day.
But then...
I decided to check the seasonal section at the store only to discover that they had the gardening section ready. And there I found something I'd been looking for the past 3 or 4 years without success...
YIPPEE!
Now Netty's garden is complete!
(well, not really - is any garden really EVER complete??)
BRING ON SPRING!

Now if I could just figure out how to reply to comments.
I'm still not able to comment on my own blog!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely lily and just perfect for you. Your trip out ended on a happy note.

    ReplyDelete