Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Moving forward - Welcome 2015!

Happy New Year!
I'm a little late in posting this. The last few weeks of December were a whirlwind of activity around here. January began very busy as well and I am finally breathing a sigh of relief.
 On December 8th, Fathers job of almost 20 years ended abruptly.
It was suddenly discovered the business was millions of dollars in debt and had filed for bankruptcy. All employees were sent home, and it took another 2 weeks before paychecks were issued. Not exactly the kind of thing you are expecting to deal with just a few weeks before Christmas! This has yet to be sorted out, but it may be a blessing in disguise for Father. He is a great worker and very good at what he does and so I don't think it will be a problem to find a new employer.
We spent Christmas Eve with my parents, and my sisters family.
I am blessed to still have both parents - here I am with my Dad on Christmas Eve.
New Years Eve was quietly ushered in at midnight here at home.
Little Country Girl and I stayed up until midnight and then promptly went to bed at 12:05!
On my dog walk the next morning I was lucky enough to spot this Snowy Owl resting on our hydro pole. I walked right up to the pole and took pictures and it didn't fly away.

Somehow I took this as a good sign of the New Year ahead.
2015 will be an interesting year 
:)

1 comment:

  1. Nettie, I'm sorry to hear about your father's job loss -- that's a hard thing to have happen right before the holidays, for all the employees too. And what a beautiful snowy owl! I'm sure you're right that it's a signal. The ancient Romans would have taken it as a solemn and important sign, assuredly. Best wishes for 2015!

    ReplyDelete