Sunday, July 3, 2016

Catching up!

It's hard to believe that it has been 3 months since my last post!
My Mom always said that time goes quicker the older you get, and I believe her!
Little Country Girl kept us busy for March with her figure skating ... a few competitions, a spring skating session in another town and a test day. She has now hung up her skates until August when there is a summer skate program before regular season starts again in Septemeber.
She had a great season!
April was a busy month, with my return to work and skating classes. It was hard to juggle it all, but we did it!  On April 29th, we suddenly lost our beloved family dog. We all took it hard and miss her very much. She would have been 12 this year. RIP Boomer :(

May was a busy time out in the gardens, prepping and getting the veggies planted. May was a cold month, and the gardens were late getting in. We had a terrific asparagus harvest this year, and the rhubarb grew freakishly large!
I made jam, crumble, crisp and just about everything rhubarb, and froze a lot too.
Little Country Girl ran her first 5km marathon in May.
I think it's safe to say it will probably be her last one too!

Country Boy finished College and moved back home. Now's looking for the perfect job, while working at McDonalds.
Big Country Girl has been busy planning her wedding this fall. 
We had a great turnout for their 'Buck & Doe', it really was amazing.
Heading into June, we picked out a German Shepherd puppy that came home the end of the month.
Say hello to Sargent, just 9 weeks old here!


He is certainly a handful!
I guess that gets me up to date on the goings on around here.
The gardens are doing OK, despite getting only one small rain shower the whole month of June. I did lose a lot of the annuals I planted due to the dry conditions. Yet to replace them.
I picked the first Sugar Snap peas this week, and garlic scapes mmmmm!

I leave you with a few shots of whats been going on in the gardens










*I almost forgot to add that I lost 20lbs in the first 100 days of changing the way I eat!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Netty! So much going on! First, sorry to hear of the loss of your dog, I know how hard that is. Your new Sargent is adorable. Time does indeed fly, and I agree, the older we get the faster it goes. Your children are growing up, but surely we aren't getting older as fast as they are? (Are we?) And hurray for the weight loss, great news!

    ReplyDelete