Thursday, March 21, 2013

Winter holding on

Yesterday was the first day of spring.
And while we were spoiled last year, here is the forecast for this week
 Certainly not the weather I had hoped for!
I have been itching to get out to the gardens, but I am going to have to ignore the blizzard outside and keep myself  busy indoors. And much to my surprise I found a few blooms!
This Impatien was the only one to survive the dreaded Impatiens Downy Mildew disaster of last year. I carried this pot inside last fall and cut them back to the soil. They are rewarding me now!
The first of the Elephant Ear bulbs are sprouting. I had planted them earlier this year because they took a very long time to sprout last year. I hope I can keep them happy until May!

A little early, but I have some Tomato plants started too, anything to satisfy my garden fingers!
Heading to Canada Blooms this weekend, that should help too.
Until then, my seedbox won't be safe!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Netty, Winter is doing the same thing here, hanging on for dear life! What a treat to see flowers blooming and seedlings coming up. It shouldn't be too much longer before we see Spring, right?

    ReplyDelete